VAL SIVILLI PO BOX 115 . 692 Riegelsville Road , Milford, NJ . 08848 . 908-268-2843 . firstname.lastname@example.org
My professional goal is the same as my personal goal. It is to inspire the passion I possess for the Arts outward into my Community. The Arts have the power to lay the groundwork for excellence; create a balanced and healthy individual; offer insights into the human condition; beautify neighborhoods; deepen the potential of the young mind; enhance our senses; and so many more benefits they are almost impossible to list.
Over the years, I have reached out into my community by teaching, working with youth, being a role model for young artists, reaching out to businesses and educators. Mostly I create and support art that strives to make the invisible, visible.
• Experience in graphic design, community outreach, teaching & curriculum development, fundraising, grant proposals, group printmaking projects, exhibitions, gallery directing, curating, managing employees,marketing, collaborative art & music projects,
• Reaches out to the community to create events with a broad vision benefitting the community at large.
• Managed and maintained Civilian Art (owner and operator) a Delaware Valley based Graphic Design / T-Shirt Company.
Owner / Operator of Civilian Art: 1991 – present
A graphic design and silkscreen studio specializing in t-shirt graphics. Has overseen all aspects of retail, wholesale and online sales. Current on all the latest trends in the apparel and the printing industry. Explored the most vital venues for marketing to consumers. Executed displays and packaging concepts for point of sale situations in the marketplace.
Expert Screenprinter. Designs marketing material for printing. Active in social networking: Facebook, Linked-In, Pinterest, and maintains numerous blogs.
Graphic Designer 1989 – present
Works directly with business owners and event organizers to create a logo-centric package that would include a printed invitation, ad, web ready graphic as well as a T-shirt.
Adjunct Professor of Fine Art: 1989 – present
Currently teaching at Bucks County Community College and Raritan Valley Community
College. Classes include Drawing, Color Theory, Screenprinting, Book Arts, Printmaking.
Taught at Rutgers, Drew, TCNJ and Warren CCC.
Leader and Founder of the Out of Hand Group: 2008 – present A roving group of artists and craftspeople. We sponsor regular pop-up shops as well asdemonstration and educational events. Each member defines his/her own function.
Director of the Steamroller Gallery: 1996 – 1998
A Cooperative Gallery in Frenchtown NJ. In charge of scheduling and hanging exhibitions, PR and other marketing, organizing gallery meetings and delegating tasks to coop members.
Studio Assistant to Leon Golub and Nancy Spero: 1985 – 1991. Worked on Leon’s paintings. In charge of creating all of Nancy’s art work, as well as cataloging her and Leon’s work. Dealing with galleries and dealers and as well traveling around the world printing installations. In charge of managing the other assistants.
*Core Team member, organizer and graphic designer for “THAT” – The Hunterdon Art Tour
*Currently a member of Holland Township’s Green Team: through Sustainble New Jersey,
*Founding Member Hunterdon/Frenchtown Creative Team. We are linking the communities of Hunterdon County through it’s artists, musicians, writers and actors and ultimately its restaurants, theaters and Hotels and B&B’s.
* Organized a group of local teens to create the “TREE OF LIFE” mural on the side of the building that Civilian Art had its storefront in 2008. This included meeting with the group to brainstorm visual ideas, gathering the 20 teens to attend a planning board meeting, getting all the necessary permissions and following through to completion.
* Special Projects Director for a local art publication “CREO, the creative voice of the river valley.
* Organizer for the RIVER GARBAGE SCUPTURE PROJECT.
* Founding member of AGENT (now defunct) a local environmental organization which was responsible to the river community via the local municipalities acting as conscientious activists with regard to industrial abuses of the Delaware River.
* Coordinator of many art auctions at the STEAMROLLER GALLERY to benefit local art and youth related projects.
* Created an after-school fundraising event focused on printmaking that was active for 5 years.
* Spearheaded a local newsletter and recruited a group of 8th graders to write the copy, take the photos and layout and design the newsletter. They learned the entire process gathering the info and visuals as well as its layout and design in Quark.
Well versed in a digital environment. Works mostly with a Mac, but can find my way around a PC. Has Great working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Works constantly with Adobe Applications, mostly Photoshop and Illustrator.
References provided upon request